Many of these sites feature printable postage, so you can mail right from your home -- very convenient AND frugal.
Here are some terrific alternatives to buying new books:
- Your Local Library -- Nothing beats your local public library. It is free and convenient. If they do not have what you are looking for, ask a librarian for an inter-library loan.
- Paperbackswap.com -- Mail a book, get a book. No late fees, or hidden charges. Any book you request is yours to keep, share, or swap.
- Titletrader.com -- Swap video games, CDs, DVDs, and used books.
- Swaptree.com -- Trade books, CDs, DVDs, and video games.
- Swapbooks.com -- Sell. Buy. Swap.
- Bookmooch.com -- Swap books for free.
- Booksin.com -- Any book or DVD for 4.49 postage.
- CampusBookSwap.org -- College students can buy or sell used textbooks.
- Whatsonmybookshelf.com-- Trade books using a simple point system.
- Cash4Books.net -- Sell old books. They pay shipping! They will pay for used books 3 days after receiving them.
See one I missed? Leave a comment and tell us about it!