If you are lucky enough to live in the Lehigh Valley, here are some frugal indoor family activities you can enjoy for $5 or less!
- Allentown Art Museum -- On Sundays admission is free to the Allentown Art Museum, and the kids can enjoy Artventures.
- Lowe's/Home Depot Workshops -- The first Saturday of the month is Home Depot's Kids Workshops, and Lowe's features kids clinics every other week. The kids get a little apron, and a small wooden project to put together, and a certificate of completion. It's free!
- Bounce U -- Purchase a Bounce Pass for $25 and it is good for 5 bounce sessions. Just $5 per session.
- Emmaus Movie Theatre -- A second-run movie theatre in downtown Emmaus. Matinees are just $3.00.
- Farmers Market -- The Allentown Fairgrounds Farmer's Market is an Allentown favorite.
- Roller Skating -- Try Skateaway Roller Rink in Bethlehem. Admission is just $5 for Saturday or Sunday night.
- Bowling -- In general, bowling is very affordable. Try the Emmaus Bowling Center.
- Coffee at the Perk -- You can enjoy some terrific coffee at The Perk on Main in Emmaus, and treat the kids to some tasty desserts.
- Hershey's Chocolate World -- Take a day trip to Hershey and experience Hershey's Chocolate World. Admission is free, and you get a free chocolate bar at the end of the tour.
- Lower Macungie Community Center -- Upcoming events include Pictures with Santa (2 photos for $10), free movie night, free open gym, and free drop-by storytime.
- Promenade Shops in Saucon Valley -- One of our favorite things to do is to stop in for storytime at Barnes & Noble. The kids usually do a small coloring or craft project afterwards. Instead of going to the cafe at the bookstore, we head over to Fresh Market where Emily gets a free cookie at the bakery section, and I get a free sample of coffee!
Do you have a frugal indoor activity that I forgot to mention? Leave a comment and tell us about it!