Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras Fun

This morning I helped Emily make this cute Mardi Gras mask from some leftover craft supplies, cardstock, stickers, a drinking straw, and some glue.


First, I drew a pattern using a pair of her sunglasses as a guide for where to put the holes for the eyes. Emily traced the pattern onto the cardstock. If you do not have cardstock paper, you can use empty cereal boxes for this and cover it with white paper.


To decorate we used fluffy yarn, stickers, and glitter. You could also use feathers, and if you do not have stickers on hand, try using balls of colored tissue paper or foil candy wrappers instead.

This afternoon we are having jambalaya for lunch and listening to lots of New Orleans jazz music (borrowed from the library, of course)! Lots of fun! 

Are you celebrating Mardi Gras in your house? I would love to hear about it! Leave a comment and share your stories with us!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cute. I'll be over for lunch. Sounds yummy. Here is my blog were I wrote about how we are celebrating Mardis Gras!

MaryAnne said...

great mask!

Mark said...

Emily looks like she is having a lot of fun!

Jill said...

Oh! My girls would luv to make these Mardi Gras Masks!!

Thanks for Sharing this Fun craft :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails