Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Baskets

This was such a simple, easy project and it made Emily and I feel a little closer to Spring. This afternoon we worked on Spring baskets made from strawberry cartons, ribbon, and pipe cleaners -- all found in our Invention Kit. We filled them with some tissue paper and a bunch of Hershey's kisses -- which I purchased at a post-Christmas sale for 75% off.


To make your own Spring basket, weave the ribbon through the bottom of the strawberry carton. Braid three strands of pipe cleaners to form a handle. Using a hole puncher, punch holes on either side of the carton and thread the pipe cleaners through to attach the handle. Fill with tissue paper and some treats!

1 comment:

Karen said...

When I was a kid my grandmother used to make May baskets for May Day for the older ladies in her church and she also made them for her grandchildren. They were made from cut off milk cartons or OJ then decorated with crepe paper. Then they were filled with homemade cookies and candies. I wish I had a picture to show you. This reminds me of that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails