If your family makes frequent visits to a local amusement park, museum, or science center, purchasing a season pass may be a great way to save money. Whether it's a local zoo, or an annual pass to Disney World, here are some tips to help you get the most from your season pass.
- Know Your Family -- Before purchasing season passes, there are some things you may want to consider such as the ages of the kids, interests, activity levels, etc. Make sure it is a place your family intends to visit often, and calculate how many visits you will have to make to get your money's worth out of your season pass. Then go home, and schedule those visits on your family calendar.
- Know When to Buy -- Many times you may be able to get discounts on season passes if you purchase them during the off-season. Do you have friends who had passes to a place you are considering? Ask them about their experiences, and be sure to read online reviews.
- Pick Up a Calendar of Events -- Once you've purchased your season pass, be sure to pick up a calendar of events and try to schedule your visits around those events.
- Laminate a Map -- This can be especially helpful if you have season passes to a zoo or amusement park. Pick up a map, and laminate it to bring along on every trip. Before you get to the park, make note of all the restrooms so you won't panic when your 3 year old needs to use the potty... RIGHT NOW!
- Pack Your Own Food & Snacks -- Amusement parks and zoos are notorious for over-charging on food and snack items, many of which are unhealthy. Avoid temptation by bringing your own fresh fruit, sandwiches, and plenty of water.
Tip -- Many season passes include some sort of a network program. Buying a pass to your local zoo may get you a discount at other zoos around the country, for example. Many also include free parking, gift shop discounts, or other member benefits. Know what is included so you can get the most bang for your buck!
Do you plan to get season passes for your family, or have you had season passes before? I would love to hear about it! Leave us a comment and share your stories with us!