Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wanna Beat the Heat?? Build an Ice Castle!

Think it's too hot to craft? Think again! To build your own ice castle, you will need empty milk cartons, some paper, a couple of rubber bands, and some ice pops. Fill the milk cartons with water (and food coloring, if desired) and freeze the night before. Keeping the ice pops in their wrappers, roll them up and secure with a rubber band as shown. This way you can wash them off and place back in the freezer to eat later.

Mark helped Emily free all of the ice blocks from the milk cartons.

Build your ice castle!! Then.....

..... play!!!


Be sure to save an ice pop for a special treat!
Yummmm!

11 comments:

Anna said...

C-U-T-E idea. I think you must spend as much time planning your crafts as any teacher. Once again you get the motherhood prize.

The Magic Onions said...

Oh my!! I LOVE this... you are a treasure trove!
Blessings and magic.

Frugal Sara said...

Very creative. I am sure it was a huge hit!

Christy Killoran said...

So cute! My daughter is also a big fan of My Little Pony - they looked cute in the ice castle.

Petula said...

That's really cool! Nope, I won't be doing that one either. LOL... you know me, but I get to come here and enjoy everything that you do.

I told my teenager about the garden stones and we really want to do them. I'll have to let you know when we do.

Stephanie Griffith said...

That is such a great idea! My kids would love this!

Ticia said...

That is way too cute! I think I need to save this idea to do in a week or so once we've collected the milk cartons.....

Denise said...

We have to do this! Of course the ice won't last long down here so we'll need to build fast!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Another one that I want to do myself. The blocks are so pretty! I'll be linking.

sunnymama said...

That is a fantastic activity for a hot day!

raveninthewolfden said...

I just thought i would leave a comment letting you know that I have stumbled upon your blog. I think the Ice castles are great Ideas! Can't wait to try it {and mind you I will most certainly give you credit!} I wish you had a follow button!

Have a wonderful day, from Amber @Loveable-Lerwills Blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails