Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sewing in Baby Steps... an Update!

Sorry, the free daily emailed version of this workshop is no longer available. You can still, however, download the entire workshop in a Workbook format here for $5.95.

The first session of the Sewing in Baby Steps Workshop received such great feedback, but so many of you wanted to join in and missed the registration deadline. I think everyone should learn how to sew! Thankfully, we've developed a new and improved system for our workshop that allows for simultaneous registrations with no end date! Hurray!

Feel free to blog/tweet/facebook and tell all your friends who couldn't make the last session's deadline that they can now come back to register for this ongoing session.


The workshop is 13 days long and each day you will receive an emailed "baby step" task to do, along with detailed instructions on how to complete the task. By the end of the workshop, you'll have sewn a reusable drawstring produce bag and a matching grocery tote! More importantly, you'll be well on your way to completing other sewing projects on your own. For more information on the workshop, click here.

Also, the Sewing in Baby Steps Workshop is now available as a downloadable workbook for $5.95. You can choose to download the entire workshop at once, to complete at your own pace, or sign up below for the free version of the same workshop to be emailed to you one "baby step" each day.

You will also be invited to join our Google Group where you can ask questions, upload photos of your finished projects, and discuss the tasks in further detail -- not only with me, but also with each other. Fun, right?

To sign up, fill in your name and email address in the form below. You will receive a confirmation email to verify your registration, and your first task will be emailed to you the following day. Let's get ready to sew!

11 comments:

mamammelloves said...

This is such a great idea! My mom gave me a sewing machine for my 30th b-day (a little over a year ago), and I've taught myself how to sew. I have done some projects on my own, but I would love to learn how to make totes/bags too! So, I think I will sign up. :)

MaryAnne said...

I think it's great that you're running this again, and that you've sete it up so people can share their projects and discuss with each other this time round - hope it goes well and that you get a lot of participants!

mom2triplets04 said...

I tried signing up but haven't yet received my e-mail verification. I tried again and it said I have to wait 12 hours to do so. Hopefully I'll get my e-mail shortly. Thanks for letting me know. Can't wait to get started.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

@ Mama Mel -- I'm so happy to have you join us! :-)

@ MaryAnne -- I wanted to thank you for help spreading the word about the workshop on your blog. It's very appreciated! We've made a lot of improvements, so I'm hoping it will be even better this time around.

@ mom2triplets -- I have you listed as a confirmed member, congrats! Please let me know if you have any other issues... thanks!

Lisa Anne said...

I can't wait! I still have to make my drawstring Halloween trick or treat bags. I will make them I promise and post for all to see!!

Come check out my halloween spooktacular crafts on my blog!

I change me email, so I re-registered. I created a blog email instead of using my personal one.

Blair said...

Thanks! I really need this and just posted the link on my blog! Can't wait!

Stephanie Griffith said...

I'm going to e-mail this to a friend of mine who wants to learn to sew. This is a really good idea.

mom2triplets04 said...

Posted on my blog and also on my facebook page. Hey, I learned that you are a friend of Lisa's who also has triplets and belong to the MOMS Club. I too am an active member of the MOMS Club. I'm actually the president of mine. Looking forward to starting.

mom2triplets04 said...

Is there a certain time that the assignment is posted? Just want to make sure I don't delete it by accident as I get a lot of spam.

Lisa Anne: What a great idea to make halloween totes. I will have to search my fabric box for some halloween fabric. Thanks for the idea.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

@mom2triplets -- The first baby step assignment is emailed to you the day after you sign up. How exciting! I love that Halloween treat bag idea too.. they would be so cute! What a small world that you know Lisa! I'm so happy you'll be joining us for this. :-)

mom2triplets04 said...

Your baby step 1 was a big challenge for me. Take a look at my blog to see why! Fly lady would be so proud of me though as the new sew table looks great. I know, baby steps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails