Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snowman Vase from Recyclables


We filled this sweet little snowman vase with some evergreens from the yard to bring some green into the house. He is made from recyclables (aka FREE craft supplies)!

To make your own snowman vase, you will need: an empty cereal puffs container (or other container of similar shape), Sharpie marker, construction paper, felt, and some glue dots.

Remove any wrapping from your container and be sure it is clean and dry. Use the Sharpie to draw your snowman's eyes, mouth, and buttons.


Cut out the nose from construction paper, and use a glue dot to adhere the snowman's nose.


I cut a small piece from a felted wool sweater for the scarf, but a piece of felt would work fine. Tie the scarf around your snowman's neck. Try not to choke him!


Fill with evergreens, and admire!


This little guy is going into the bathroom. The pine scent makes a nice air freshener!

16 comments:

Anna said...

Now that is a super cute way to reuse your recyclables.

Amber said...

Your little girl is gonna be so crafty!!!! :D

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very cute, and I like the idea of the natural air freshener - it makes your craft doubley frugal - and useful too!

Mark said...

Dear Valerie,

Please pick crafts which do not involve going outside to cut some pine branches. It's flippin' cold out there!!

Love,
Mark

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

This is my favorite kind of idea -- simple, and it recycles. Thanks!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I just love this craft - how very cute! We will do it for sure, since we have many puff containers that are mostly used as bowling pins. Thanks for a wonderful idea!

Elise said...

I love that you can look at a container like this and have a vision to create a snowman. Such a sweet snowman too.

danita said...

very cute! i wish my kids still ate the cereal puffs! i'll have to have a look and see if we have a similar container!

Megan said...

How fabulous!

I've been a "follower" of yours for awhile...my resolution is to come out of my shell and share blog love.

So, thanks for all the great ideas.

Happy New Year!

Christy Killoran said...

I LOVE it. I love snowmen; they are so cute.

maryanne said...

Adorable! I know what we'll be doing with our next empty puffs container :)

Katie said...

Oh man I JUST threw out three of those containers I'd been holding on to just in case...hadn't used them in two years and thought it was time to finally purge! Argh, that's what I get for cleaning!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

@ Raising a Happy Child -- Oh, they do make the best bowling pins, don't they?

@ Megan -- Welcome! So nice to meet you!

@ Katie -- That always seems to happen to me too! We try to reuse containers, but sometimes it can be too much clutter. Don't beat yourself up, since I'm sure another puff container or two will find its way over to you again soon!

Petula said...

That's super cool and cute. I love the weekend rewind too. We don't even have a hint of snow. It's really cold, but no snow for snow painting.

Ash said...

Love, love, love this! I blogged about it. i can't wait to make it with my girls tomorrow!

http://4get-regret.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

We made something similar from your idea! I just posted about it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails